Camellia Ark’s Mission
- To conserve for Australian gardens, rare and endangered species and cultivars of the genus Camellia, and other plants of the family Theaceae.
- To promote the horticultural, cultural and multicultural significance of Camellia as a global symbol of friendship particularly with China, Japan and other countries in the Asian Region.
- To work with other associations, to help Australian gardens conserve rarer cultivars of camellias and other ornamental plants and nursery stock, particularly those that are clones requiring grafting for propagation, and to support future plant breeding.
- To promote a supply of rarer camellias to the Australian nursery industry.
- For the purposes of conservation, identify individual specimen camellia trees of relevance to Australian garden history, maintain a national register of these and seek their heritage protection.